Delicious savoury fritters made with cheddar cheese and frozen diced cauliflower. These are a great way to get some cauliflower into your fussy eaters.
You can of course dice up your own cauliflower but I absolutely love these bags of frozen cauli from Tesco. They’re so handy to have in the freezer and I use them for so many recipes.
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium egg
- 100ml milk
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 150g frozen diced cauliflower
- 0.5 tbsp oil
- Add the flour, baking powder, egg and milk to a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the grated cheese and frozen diced cauliflower and mix again.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a low heat.
- Add a large spoonful of the mixture at a time to the pan to make one fritter. Repeat until you have 5 fritters in the pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes, flip and cook for a further 4 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the fritters from the pan and repeat with the remaining mixture. You should be able to make 10 in total.
- Serve immediately.
- These fritters will keep for 2 days in the fridge or can be frozen too.