My kids are not big fans of chicken so I’m always trying to find ways to get them to eat it with minimal fuss! The Chicken Meatballs are great as they present chicken in a way to kids that they might find more appealing. If you don’t have a food processor then you can still make these, don’t worry! Just use chicken mince instead which you can buy in most supermarkets or ask your butcher to mince it for you.
- 450g chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 50g dried breadcrumbs
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan and line one large or two medium baking trays with parchment paper.
- Add the chicken to a food processor and blitz for a few seconds until it has minced.
- Add the egg, breadcrumbs and grated cheese and blitz again.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball and place on the baking trays.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture. You should be able to make 25 – 30 meatballs.
- Bake in the oven for 17 minutes then serve.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 2 days and can be eaten cold or reheated.
- They can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight.