If you’re looking for a delicious homemade cookie recipe then you need to try these! They’re made with half flour and half oats to make them more filling. Yes they contain sugar, but it’s a lot lower than your standard shop bought cookie.
The recipe makes a big batch of 12 large cookies or even more if you make them smaller. I usually freeze half of them after cooking. They’re great to pop into lunchboxes for school. Add them in straight from the freezer and they’ll be defrosted by lunchtime.
- 125g unsalted butter
- 75g sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g plain flour
- 100g oats
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 70g milk chocolate
- 70g white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and beat with an electric whisk.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat again for another few seconds.
- Add the flour, oats, cocoa and bicarbonate and mix with a spoon.
- Chop the chocolate into chunks and mix those in.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal sized cookie dough balls.
- Add 6 cookies per baking tray and press down with a spoon into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes then remove from the oven. The cookies will still be very soft so leave to cool for 10-15 minutes to allow them to crisp up.