Shop bought granola is really convenient but it’s often high in sugar and usually contains nuts too. This homemade version is so easy to make and will last for weeks in an airtight jar.
- 250g oats
- 50g mixed seeds (I used sunflower, linseed and chia seeds)
- 25g desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Add the oats, seeds and coconut to a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the coconut oil or butter to a jug or mug and melt in the microwave.
- Mix the honey and vanilla into the jug and then pour this into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Mix well until the dry ingredients are fully coated in the liquid and then divide between the two trays.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring the granola twice to ensure it doesn’t burn on the outside and is evenly coated.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on the tray before serving or adding to a storage jar.
- The granola will keep in an airtight container or jar for up to a month.