Finn’s absolute favourite breakfast has to be pancakes! I make them every weekend for him so I thought I would share the recipe I use the most often.
The banana adds a nice flavour but also sweetens the pancakes so that they don’t need any sugar or honey. Sometimes I add chopped berries like strawberries, blueberries etc so feel free to play around with the recipe. It’s very versatile.
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 25g oats
- 25g plain flour
- 25ml milk
- oil or butter for frying
- Mash the banana and then add in the egg and mix.
- Add the oats, flour and milk and mix again.
- Add some oil or butter to a non-stick frying pan then add a spoonful of the pancake mixture at a time to make each mini pancake.
- Fry the pancakes for 2 to 3 minutes on either side.
- Serve straight away with yogurt and fruit.
- The mixture will make 12 mini pancakes. They can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 2 months.